Moong dal -1/4cup
Cashew nuts - few
Few curry leaves
Pepper corns-8(adjust to taste)
Green chilly -1
1. Dry roast the moong dal until it emanates a nice aroma.
2. Combine tha roasted dal and wheat rava in a small pressure cooker.
3. Add 3 cups of water and pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
5. Heat a table spoon of ghee in a small pan, add the cashews and fry them golden brown. Then add crushed pepper corns and cumin seeds, slit green chilly. Fry them for 30 seconds.
6. Add the tempering to the pongal and mix it well.
Add another tablespoon of ghee on the pongal and serve hot.
Enjoy healthy wheat pongal with your choice of chutney - sambar or Gotsu. We had it with brinjal-potato gotsu.