Small purple Brinjals-6
Onion - 1
Few curry leaves
Sambar powder -2teaspoons
Channa dal & Urad dal - a teaspoon each
Slice the onion , green chilly and tomato.
1. Slice the brinjals and immerse them in water till use.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, let them crackle. Add the channa dal & urad dal, fry until they turn golden in color. Then add the sliced onion-green chilly and tomato along with curry leaves.
3. Sauté them for 2-3 minutes, then add the sliced brinjals. Add the turmeric, sambar powders and required salt.
4. Add 1/4 cup of water and cook till the brinjals become tender. Carefully stir it once in a while without breaking the brinjals, add additional water if needed.
5. Add the grated coconut and sugar. Give it a quick mix and remove it from the stove.
6. Delicious brinjal stir fry is ready.