Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Murungai kai poriyal/ Drumstick Stirfry

During my last trip to India, I had a chance of enjoying fresh drumstick at least twice a week. On top of it, my mother-in-law went to her native, and came back with a good load of fresh drumstick leaves and drumsticks. Of course, drumstick  is a king for sambar, but it would start boring after some time. Hence I prepared this poriyal one day. Its actually a quick and simple dish and tastes heavenly if you are using fresh and tender drumsticks.

Ingredients
Fresh Drumsticks -3
Shallots - 12
Curry powder- 11/2teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1/8teaspoon
Mustard seeds-1/2teaspoon
Channa dal & Urad dal - 1 teaspoon each
Grated coconut - 1tablespoon
Salt

Method 
Wash and cut the drumstick into 3" pieces. Chop the shallots.
Heat oil in a pan, make the tempering with mustard seeds, channa & urad dals. Add in the shallots, quick for a few minutes.
Then add the chopped veggie with turmeric powder and salt.
Add a cup of water and close the pan. 
  
Add the curry powder when the veggie is 3/4th done. 
Mix it well and cook till the water evaporates.
Finally add the grated coconut, mix it with the veggie and put off the flame.
Quick and tasty drumstick stir-fry is ready. Goes well with white rice/ rasam rice /curd rice.

12 comments:

  1. Koda konjam prawn sertha innum superaa irruku,love this poriyal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so delicious n yummy 2.one of my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy. I love drumstick in this way. I prepare it in the same way but grind the coconut and add to the curry instead of grated coconuts. tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i too prepare it same way.. delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love drumsticks, its good for women so when ever i get chance i grab it, yours look awesome. do visit my space too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super delicious poriyal... my hubby loves it!! :) Well made dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom makes it. I have to try.. Looks very nice mahi :) u have cooked it perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy recipe…neat clicks…how you manage to write the whole blog in tamil...great...1st time in ur space..you have great collection of recipes,and when ur free please drop into my blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks very much for all your valuable comments dear friends!

    @Revathi, thanks for stopping by in my blog(s)! Managing tamil blog is not at all difficult, if you have interest, you can manage lot of blogs! :)
    Will come to your blog soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You Very Much for taking time to come here and adding your comment! It means a lot to me! :)

Views

Related Posts with Thumbnails

© 2011 Mahi's Kitchen, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena