Mint and cilantro leaves
Ginger-garlic paste - 2teaspoons
To cook the quinoa
Water-2cups[ depends on the quality of the quinoa. Usually 1:2 is the quinoa-water ratio, but mine needs more water, so adjust accordingly]
1.Heat ghee in a pan, add the bay leaf, cinnamon, clove and elaichi. Once they pop-up, add water.
2.Add enough salt and let it boil nicely.
3. Add the washed quinoa and cook on medium heat until done. [it took about 12 minutes for me]
5. Heat oil in a pan, add the onion followed by the crushed ginger garlic and chopped mint leaves.
6. Sauté for one minute and add in the turmeric-chilly and garam masala powders. Cook till the tomatoes become soft.
8. Add little salt, with about 1/2cup of water and cook until the vegetables are tender(but not mushy)
9. Add the cooked quinoa and mix it with the masala. Reduce the heat to low and cook for few more minutes.
10. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Tasty and healthy pulao is ready to serve.
We had it with Ash gourd Raitha.
Recipe Inspiration : HERE , Thanks Julie for the recipe!