A pinch of Sugar
Clean,wash n chop the spinach.
Cut the onion into thin slices.
Heat oil in a kadai, add cumin seeds,channa dhal and urad dhal. Let them turn golden in color, after that add onions and broken red chillies.
Fry for a minute or two, add the chopped spinach and a pinch of sugar.
Mix everything together and cook for 3 minutes.
Add salt,coconut give a quick stir and switch off the stove.
Healthy and yummy spinach stir fry is ready! It tastes grate with roti's and rice. You can mix this with hot white rice, n that tastes awesome! :P
- Adding sugar helps to keep the greens retain their color.
- Greens get cooked so fast, so don't over cook. I always cook the greens uncovered and exactly for 3 minutes. :)
- Spinach may look more in quantity initially, but they shrink so fast, so add the salt at the end.
- You can add cooked moong dhal or add minced garlic clove with this stir fry. Of all, this is the easy n fast method. If I get cleaned n washed spinach leaves, I don't even chop the leaves,just add them after a quick rinse!;)
- Adding fresh coconut enhances taste, and its more healthier than frying the coconut.So be sure to add the coconut after you put off the stove.